IFS PACsecure version 2 assesses the quality and safety of packaging materials and their compliance with regulation and customer requirements. It supports businesses in meeting the growing transparency and traceability demands in the market and contributes to improving product integrity and increasing efficiency.
The standard is applicable for the production, processing or conversion of packaging components and packaging materials, intended to be used as primary or secondary packaging in food, cosmetics, households, and personal care products.
The requirements involve governance and commitment of senior management, the product safety and quality management system, resource management, operational processes, processes regarding measurements, analyses, and improvement as well as product defence.
Key Features of IFS PACsecure version 2
- The risk-based approach identifies company-specific risks and hazards
- The non-prescriptive approach allows for custom solutions to meet standard requirements
- Developed by the industry for the packaging industry
- Accepted by retailers and brand owners worldwide
- Covers legislation, product safety and quality, and customer specifications
- Assessments by specifically trained auditors with proven knowledge and expertise of the relevant product scope
- Options for unannounced assessments
- Product and process certification based on ISO/IEC 17065:2012
Benefits of IFS PACsecure certification
- IFS Certification grows sales: Certified companies retain existing customers and gain new ones with IFS. They show that they meet customer’s expectations regarding product safety and quality and that they are a trustworthy business partner.
- The requirements reduce operating costs and increase efficiency: By implementing the IFS requirements, companies improve their processes reducing waste and costs related to recalls, complaints, or rejected products and rework.
- The system drives continuous improvement: The IFS Scoring System indicates how an assessed business can further improve its performance helping to reach the next level in product safety and quality assurance management.
- The IFS risk-based approach enables individual risk assessments and creates a focus on the areas of importance to the unique processes of each company.
- The non-prescriptive approach allows custom-made solutions: It enables companies to determine methods for controlling hazards that are best suited to their unique conditions.
IFS Support to certified businesses
- The IFS Guidelines help with practical information about specific technical topics
- The IFS Industry Training Courses provide skills and knowledge for implementing our standards. They are available at our official regional training centres (https://www.ifs-certification.com/index.php/en/partners/training-center )
- Recognised IFS Consultants are experts giving advice and guidance regarding the implementation of the IFS Requirements or specific topics. Click here (https://www.ifs-certification.com/index.php/en/partners/consultants ) to find a consultant.
- The free IFS Software auditXpressX supports the internal audits of certified companies. Certified sites find more information in the login area of the IFS Database.
- The IFS Database provides news from IFS and visibility to potential new customers
Take 5 minutes and learn more about IFS PACsecure by watching this explanation video:
IFS works with independent, trained, and knowledgeable consultants to support you during the implementation process. Consultants offer support, experience and guidance smoothing the path to certification. The list of IFS trained independent consultants can be found here.
IFS is responsible for developing standards, implementing regulations and providing training to auditors. However, the certification process is organised and carried out by independent certification bodies. Any related contractual matters are negotiated exclusively between the certification body and the relevant companies. A list of certification bodies, sorted by country and standard, can be found here.
"The integration of the IFS PACsecure Standard and practices has contributed to BOXmaster providing something unique in our market"
by Greg Reid, General Manager BOXmaster
Read the full article here.
- Associated Labels and Packaging
"International Featured Standards PACsecure raises the bar in meeting new stringent government regulations to protect consumers."
by Jay Ashworth, Associated Labels and Packaging
Read the full article here.
- Color Ad Packaging
"We marketed ourselves as IFS PACsecure-certified. We realized that consistently maintaining this standard was extremely important."
by Tony Christian, Compliance and Quality Manager, Color Ad Packaging
Read the full article here.
"We chose to indicate IFS PACSecure standard to our supplier by understanding that in addition to the documental evaluation, IFS PACSecure guidelines are oriented to direct evaluations in the production processes. Evaluations with this focus brings benefits to the audited process and confidence for clients on ensuring compliance with the proposed standards."
by Mariana Borella Camera, Garantia da Qualidade Fornecedores - Embalagens, BRF
For IFS PACsecure related questions please contact:
- Daniela Poblete, IFS Technical Project Manager for IFS PACsecure and IFS LATAM Director: email@example.com (English and Spanish questions)
- Pius Gasser, IFS Technical Project Manager and IFS Representative North America: firstname.lastname@example.org (English and German + DACH questions)
- Caroline Nowak, IFS Representative Brazil: email@example.com (Portuguese questions)
For PAC Packaging Consortium information, please contact to Lindsey Cooper: firstname.lastname@example.org