As supply chain globalization grows, raw materials and products continue to be sourced in new ways and from different sources. Brokers, agents, and importers are an integral element in bringing producers and retailers together. IFS Broker was created to ensure the safety and quality of products filling the gap between production and distribution. Trading partners expect broker, agents, and importers to communicate their product requirements to manufacturers and that these specifications will be understood and implemented.
The standard checks the engaged parties to ensure that they have implemented appropriate measures in their service so that their suppliers operate in accordance with product safety and quality requirements. Brokers, agents, and importers must also monitor their supplier’s compliance with these issues so that supplied products meet regulatory and contractual specifications.
Scopes of the scheme:
- Food/HPC/packaging brokers
- Trade agencies
IFS Broker audits are carried out by qualified auditors of independent accredited and approved certification bodies. The standard includes the following topics:
- Senior management responsibility
- Quality and product safety management system
- Resource management
- Planning and services process
- Measurements, analysis, improvements
- Product defense.
- Establish a common standard with a uniform evaluation system
- Work with accredited and qualified certification bodies and auditors
- Ensure comparability and transparency throughout the entire supply chain
- Reduce cost and time for both suppliers and retailers.
Benefits of the scheme IFS certification can offer a number of key benefits to companies striving for excellence in quality, food safety and customer satisfaction, and seeking a competitive advantage in their market place.
- Improved confidence in suppliers and products
- Reduced time spent on supplier screening
- Less time spent reworking or returning products outside specification
- Due diligence defense
- Ability to reduce individual audit costs by combining a variety of different audits at the same time.
- Improved understanding between management and staff related to standards and procedures
- Monitoring of compliance with food regulations
- More effective use of resources
- Reduction in the need for customer inspections
- Independent third party audits
- Ability to reduce total inspection time by combining a variety of different inspections at the same time.
- Improved business reputation as a broker of high-quality and safe products
- Ability to trade with customers requiring third party audits
- Use of the IFS logo and certificate to demonstrate compliance with the highest standards.