The IFS Global Markets – HPC is a standardized non-food safety assessment program for retailers as well as manufacturers of branded HPC products. The program is meant to support “small and/or less developed businesses” in the development of their product safety management systems and making the first step towards the implementation of the IFS HPC Standard.
The program includes different levels of assessment and a protocol to drive gradually, the continuous improvement process and the implementation of a full product safety management system. The final objective may be to reach the IFS HPC certification in a defined period of time.
The Program consists out of two different level checklists, Basic and Intermediate, which requirements should be fulfilled within a timeframe.
- Basic and Intermediate levels cover the following items:
o Product Quality and Safety Management Systems
- Specifications including Product Release, Traceability, Incident Management, Control of Non-Conforming Product, Corrective Actions, etc.
- Hazard analysis and risk assessment
o Good Manufacturing Practices
- Personal Hygiene, Facility Environment, Cleaning and Disinfection, Product Contamination Control, Pest Control, Water Quality, etc.
- IFS HPC Certification
- Facilitate local market access.
- Create mutual acceptance along the supply chain, and
- Provide a framework to assist small/ less developed companies with:
The IFS Global Markets – HPC program combines the Global Markets Checklists with the advantages of
- A systematic approach to achieve the IFS HPC Standard within a certain period
- Basic qualification requirements for Certification Bodies/Assessment of service providers and assessors
- A uniform consistent evaluation system
- A structured and consistent reporting system
- The IFS Database to simplify the follow-up of suppliers and partners.