The PACsecure Standard - now the IFS PACsecure Standard - was developed by the Packaging Consortium in Canada and in conjunction with the Canadian Food Inspection Agency and industry representatives.
The new IFS PACsecure Standard is a packaging material safety and quality Standard applicable to manufacturers of all kinds of primary and secondary packaging materials. Generic HACCP plans and workbooks are offered by PAC. Those are valuable tools to identify potential hazards found in the 24 typical process steps of packaging material processing.
IFS PACsecure was developed for manufacturers of the following materials:
- Flexible packaging
- Rigid plastic
- Other natural materials
The aims of IFS PACsecure are:
- to provide food safety for packaging
- to establish a common Standard with a uniform evaluation system
- to work with accredited certification bodies and qualified IFS approved auditors
- to ensure comparability and transparency throughout the entire supply chain
- to reduce costs and time for both manufacturers and retailers.
- Compliance with GFSI requirements
The risk based approach of IFS certification offers flexibility regarding the implementation of the requirements. IFS certification is non-prescriptive and offers a number of key benefits to companies striving for excellence in quality, safety and customer satisfaction, and seeking a competitive advantage in their market place.
Production department benefits
- Improved understanding between management and staff relating to good practices, standards and procedures
- Monitoring of compliance with regulations
- More effective use of resources
- Decreased need for customer audits
- Independent third party audits
- Higher flexibility through individual implementation due to a risk based approach
Marketing department benefits
- Improved business reputation as a manufacturer of high-quality and safe products
- Ability to trade with customers requiring third party audits
- Use of the IFS PACsecure logo and certificate to demonstrate compliance with the highest standards
PACsecure documents, workbooks and plans (Packaging Material Manufacturer & Converter Generic Food Safety Prerequisite Program, HACCP Workbooks and HACCP Plans) can be obtained from PAC, Packaging Consortium. For more details, please contact to PAC, Packaging Consortium.
Contact: Lindsey Cooper <firstname.lastname@example.org>